Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is classified “functional food” because it provides many health benefits beyond it nutrition.
In traditional medicine around the world coconut is used to treat is wide variety problems including the following: abscesses, asthma, baldness, bronchitis, colds, constipation, cough, dropsy, dysentery, earache, fever, flue, gingivitis, painful menstruation, jaundice, kidney stones, lice, malnutrition, skin infections, sore throat, swelling, toothache, ulcers, upset stomach, weakness, and wounds.
Modern medical science is now confirming the use of coconut in treating many conditions. Published studies in medical journals show that coconut, in one may provide a wide range of health benefits. Some of these are summarized below:
* Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis.
* Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections and cavities, pneumonia, and other diseases.
* Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidacies, ringworm, athlete’s foot, and rash.
* Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, and other parasites.
* Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
* Boosts Energy and endurance.
* Improves digestion
* Improves insulin secretion
* Helps protect against osteoporosis.
* Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease.
* Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn”s disease, ulcerative colitis.
* Improves digestion and bowel function.
* Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
* Reduces inflammation.
* Supports tissue healing and repair.
* Supports and aids immune system function.
* Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
* Improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart diseases.
* Functions as a protective antioxidant.
* Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
* Dissolves kidney stones.
* Helps prevent liver disease.
* Supports thyroid function.
* Support the natural chemical balance of the skin.
* Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
* Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking.
* Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion.
* Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
* Is completely non-toxic to humans